Jiahui stepped into his 30s in style – with an enviable body, gold-standard health and a fit new lifestyle.
Huffing and puffing through short walks was a wake-up call Jiahui needed to take the first step to change.
With his 30th birthday looming, his thoughts naturally turned to his steadily worsening health check reports, and he finally admitted to himself that he had let himself go.
Jiahui decided now was the perfect time to slim down and get fitter, and signed up with Ultimate Performance Singapore.
“I had lost 15kg of weight and achieved a leaner body after the transformation.
“Post-transformation, I went for my Individual Physical Proficiency Test (IPPT), which most Singaporean males will need to do annually, and I managed to achieve Gold, which I have never ever achieved in my life! I am really proud and satisfied with myself!”
Jiahui worked with U.P. for 48 sessions, and during this time, his entire body shape completely changed.
He lost 15kg and 15% body fat, and this showed most on his waist and hips where he shrank by 22cm and 19cm, respectively.
While Jiahui put his unhealthy lifestyle down to his inactive work life, it is never that simple.
Declining health and fitness levels build up over time and are a result of a combination of factors – usually diet and inactivity. Jiahui’s case was the same.
“Prior to starting with U.P., I felt tired easily after a day of work. Physically, I was getting tired from just a short exercise.
“I did not restrict my diet and was basically eating anything that I felt like eating. I have also been snacking in between meals at work.
“Lifestyle-wise, I was only exercising once a week, just going for a short run.”
WE CAN HELP YOU GET IN YOUR BEST SHAPE OF YOUR LIFE.
JOIN OUR PERSONAL TRAINING PROGRAMME TODAY.
U.P.’s programme corrected his diet and upped his training, and the combination of the two really resulted in some astounding changes.
“During my transformation with U.P., my diet changed significantly. As I wanted to achieve a decent weight loss, I cut down on the intake of carbohydrates as well as reducing the meal portion sizes for each meal. On top of the thrice-weekly training sessions at U.P. gym, I will also make it a point to run twice a week.
“At U.P. my trainer has actually helped me come up with a proper diet plan and taught me what I needed to look out for, what I should eat, and about portion control. What I have learnt is that as long as your diet is kept within control, a decent amount of exercise can achieve all your goals.
“During my transformation, I actually had quite a few travel plans. And we all know that when we travel there is bound to be good food to be eaten. And following a controlled diet is not easy, but my trainer has always been around to advise me on what I can opt for while choosing food options. I didn’t have to think too much about it, I just followed my P.T.’s advice.”
Jiahui crossed half of Singapore to get to U.P.’s gym for his sessions, but the long post-work commute was more than worth it. His time there left him with his best body ever and also gave him enough knowledge to maintain his current state of fitness.
“The biggest benefit of doing this transformation was getting a better and fitter body. On top of that, knowing how different exercises are done in the gym and how to eat healthier was also a good education.
“This change made me feel lighter (in terms of weight), and I feel better physically and mentally too. I am more refreshed and energised, whether in the gym, at work, or at home. Of course, it is also great to hear from my friends about the positive results arising from the transformation.
“I am happy and very proud of myself. This transformation has given me a better body and the skills needed to have a healthy body. I learnt the importance of healthy eating as well as exercising smartly to target the right muscle groups. With this knowledge, I will do my best to maintain this transformed self.”
We can help you get ready ahead of any milestone in your life.
Get in touch to find out more about our personal training programme.
- We show you the best, we don't show you the worst.
- We show you people who follow the plans, not those who are all talk.
- We show you those who inspire even us with their commitment to their results.
- You cannot get results exactly like these. You are unique and that means you can only get your own best possible results.
- Your results are a function of time spent following the plan; your genetic response to the right exercise and diet program; how hard you train; how consistently you come to the gym; how disciplined you are with your diet; & your starting point.
- Oftentimes the lower your starting point (poor fitness, terrible body composition) the better your results.
- We cannot do the work for you and the results you see here are a testament to the work ethic of our clients.
- Our reputation is that we are the best trainers in the world for helping you to unlock your potential, & we can lead you to the door, give you the key, even turn the handle and push the door open, but we cannot walk through it for you. In the end the result is down to you.