Hitting her 40s made Melissa want to get fit – but lifetime habits are hard to shift alone, and her half-hearted health kick fell flat.
When a whole year of exercising didn’t show any results, her husband encouraged her to try something more structured and intense.
Ultimate Performance Singapore’s incredible transformation stories caught her eye on Instagram, and Melissa signed up just a day after her initial consultation.
During the 13-week transformation, she lost over 11kg and brought her body fat down from 20% to just 12%.
“It was a life-changing experience for me. It has made me a better person.
“The mental focus and energy I have now are so different from before. I feel so much more confident and mentally stronger now.”
Melissa wasn’t especially overweight when she came to U.P. Singapore, but she was feeling extremely lethargic and sluggish.
She had started exercising on her own, but lack of motivation and structure kept her from committing fully.
“I started exercising again about a year ago, but I felt there wasn’t much progress. I would exercise 1-2 times a week then eat whatever I wanted, when I wanted.
“I’d nibble on snacks and skip meals, and think that it was an effective way to lose weight. I wasn’t too disciplined with getting enough sleep either.
“I was physically sluggish and mentally tired. Lacked discipline, motivation, and mental focus to do new things and complete old ones.”
START FEELING AMAZING ABOUT YOURSELF.
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP TO OUR PERSONAL TRAINING PROGRAMME.
Joining U.P. Singapore was a turning point for her. With a tried-and-tested programme, strict schedules and a personal trainer, Melissa started seeing results right from the start.
“Through my trainer Saydul, I’ve learned a lot about nutrition. How eating right combined with daily exercise can contribute positively to your everyday lifestyle and provide you that physical and mental balance.
“I’ve learned how to identify different food groups, what they mean, and what works well for my body.
“I have also understood that building muscles isn’t a bad thing or that doing weights won’t make you bulky.
“Most importantly, I now know the science behind eating right and exercising efficiently to achieve a balanced lifestyle.”
Without any previous training experience, Melissa found the U.P. training tough at first, but having her husband’s and her trainer’s support kept her from giving up.
Now, after achieving all her goals, she describes joining U.P. as the best decision of the year.
“My husband embarked on the same ‘clean eating’ journey with me during the course of my programme. That definitely helped and provided me the emotional support to get through it successfully.”
Doing this transformation and working with the best in the business has totally redefined her relationship with exercise.
It has also shown her what she is truly capable of.
“I’m more confident at the gym now because I can now harness the mental strength to challenge myself with heavier weights. At work and at home, I’m less lethargic, more focused, and efficient.
“I now try to make every meal count and not just eat for the sake of eating something. I am determined to continue the reignited discipline in myself and ensure the same is done for my children.
“U.P. was a life-changing experience for me, and I’m sure those who have completed the programme will have felt the same.
“There is nothing to lose, and only new knowledge to gain.”
We can help you add longevity to your life. Get in touch to learn more about our personal training programme.
- We show you the best, we don't show you the worst.
- We show you people who follow the plans, not those who are all talk.
- We show you those who inspire even us with their commitment to their results.
- You cannot get results exactly like these. You are unique and that means you can only get your own best possible results.
- Your results are a function of time spent following the plan; your genetic response to the right exercise and diet program; how hard you train; how consistently you come to the gym; how disciplined you are with your diet; & your starting point.
- Oftentimes the lower your starting point (poor fitness, terrible body composition) the better your results.
- We cannot do the work for you and the results you see here are a testament to the work ethic of our clients.
- Our reputation is that we are the best trainers in the world for helping you to unlock your potential, & we can lead you to the door, give you the key, even turn the handle and push the door open, but we cannot walk through it for you. In the end the result is down to you.